February 15th, 2018
Happy Thursday loves!
I hope you all had an amazing Valentine’s Day! I thought now would be the perfect time to share my list of a few first date ideas in the city,(focusing on an activity) seeing how fun dates should not just be left for holidays!
I have carefully selected these, and sincerely hope that some amazing memories are made by these suggestions!
In my personal opinion, going out for a typical dinner is okay, but thinking a little outside the box can be fun too! Starting getting to know someone through an activity, can help bring you closer than just conversation over food!
Below would be wonderful in this current season, and I will produce a Spring/Summer one for you shortly as well, along with a mountain version!
(1) Sporting Event Right now you can go see the Denver Nuggets or Colorado Avalanche play. Both indoors.. both amazing opportunities to show your game knowledge, and root on a team together! If you are up for a late dinner, head to Mizu Izakaya for some sushi! If you head to the far back left corner, they have a nice cozy corner with pillows..perfect for ending the night on a romantic note.
(2) Cooking Class- Stir Learning School This is one of my favorite things to do, because you are learning a new skill together (most of the meal options are delicious), and you can have some one on one time while eating at the end.! Even if the relationship doesn’t work out, you will always know how to make that new dish;)!
(3) See a comedy show because who doesn’t like to laugh?! Comedy Works is located right off Larimer St., and you can head to Green Russell (a speakeasy) afterwards for some really well made drinks! (Their bartenders are also highly entertaining)
(4) Ice Skating. Start the night with ice skating at Skyline Park. This is another one that breaks the ice (hopefully you don’t) because who is really going to show up with Olympic abilities?! You are forced to hold hands, and have fun doing laps on the rink. After you are worn out from that, head over to the Peaks Lounge at the top of the Hyatt. It has floor to ceiling windows that gives an amazing view of downtown. Super romantic..almost makes you feel like you are in another big city:) Order the Chocolate Strawberry Martini..it is to die for!
(5) Listen to live music at Ophelia’s. This venue is a multi-level venue with amazing food, and a bar on the bottom. A fun way to expand your music tastes and dance the night away with your date of choice!
(6) Watch a movie while eating at Bistro Vendome. They offer screenings of a French film that is accompanied by a three course dinner. Afterwards, walk across the street (under the gorgeous lights on Larimer) to Corridor 44 for a little bubbly. This champagne bar has the best romantic vibes, and, well, champs is never a bad idea.
(7) See the sunrise at Red Rocks. Go scoop your date for an early morning weekend date. Bring a blanket and climb the steps to what will be a beautiful way to start the day. After admiring those views, head down into Morrison for breakfast at the quaint The Cow. Order the “Angry Cow” followed by the “Cinnamonster”..you will not be disappointed.
I will continue adding to this page as more come to me, so make sure to check back!
Be spontaneous on your next date..the point of this is to have fun!! I bet you will not regret trying something new:) It will more than likely make you stand out, and impress your S.O.!
Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you have the best start to your weekend tomorrow!
*Big thank you to this sweet guy for stepping in as my “pretend boyfriend” -You were such a trooper!
Photo by: Jenna Sparks